Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

New Post After a Long Time

It has been ages since I wrote something on both of my blogs. Lots of things have happened during this time. My beloved dad passed away after being hospitalized for almost a month. My mother-in-law underwent a major eye operation. I actually had no time and the mindset to even think about embroidery and sewing.



Recently I managed to find some time to embroider on the yoke of a dress for my younger daughter. She is 1 year old now.

For this simple project I have used some shades of pink for the flower on the right, and variegated thread (consisting of lilac, off-white, peach, blush pink colors) for the flower on the left. I just wanted to experiment needle painting with variegated thread. I outlined the leaves instead of filling up with long and short stitch (to save time of course, because I have planned to finish this project in a week's time.)

Embroidering after a long break is so refreshing, as well as connecting with you all too, of course.

5 comments:

Shami Immanuel said...

Welcome back flora. sad to hear that your dad passed away. Happy to see the embroidery. My prayers for your MIL to get well soon. Take care.

G.AruljothiKarikalan said...

Welcome back.... yes things happens like that and life goes in its way... sad to hear about your father and your MIL will get well soon.... and you embroidery is very beautiful...

Flora said...

Thanks Shami and Aruljothi for your comforting words.

Esther Aliu said...

Love your blog!

Julia Robert said...

Flora's Colors - A Great blog for embroidery digitizers and drawing lovers. Thanks.

Kawaii Shop Modes4u.com