Thursday, September 10, 2009

Autumn rose---progress

I have completed the center monogram design in my autumn rose project. I have used satin stitch (two strands of Anchor threads) for the roses that surround the monogram S. However, after I found out that one strand will be better for satin stitch than two strands I switched over to one. The leaves are stitched with one strand of floss and I think they look smooth than the flower petals stitched with two strands.

Thanks to Mary Corbet of http://www.NeedlenThread.com for her suggestion in one of her posts on using one strand for satin stitch instead of two.

Pictures:





3 comments:

Suji said...

Hi Flora, these are lovely. I am always interested in embroidery but i have never tried one. I blame my office hours. Maybe after marriage I will follow ur posts and learn these arts.

Thanks to Boopathy, my Excel Masterji.

Sudha

Flora said...

Hi Sudha,

Thank you so much for the comment!

Let the good time you long for come soon :-)

LUNA said...

Marvelous!, Also love monograms.