Search This Blog

Translate

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Chain-Stitch Flower




Yesterday when I was cleaning the closets, I found this cushion cover. I remember I started this embroidery some months ago and discontinued it for a while in order to work on the other projects and I totally forgot it. When I found it yesterday I wanted to work on this piece again, because I thought doing some simple outline embroidery in between a time-consuming project (especially involving L&S) would be a refreshing choice.


I am using only three types of stitches in this: chain, satin , and French knots. This could be lovely if done in redwork style.

6 comments:

JennyPennyPoppy said...

This will look so nice when you're finished.

MulticoloredPieces said...

Stopped by from "stitchin' fingers" to enjoy your blog while hugging the AC--the temperature is approaching 100 F. here in Tunisia! Your embroidery is really smashing. Lovely colors, pretty designs and masterful technique.
best, nadia

Anora said...

I would like to say that your flower is looking very beautiful.. Your used colors are really wonderful..

Birthday Party Treasure Hunt

Flora said...

Thanks, Jenny, Nadia, and Anora, for your encouraging comments.

maisie sparrow's vintage pictures said...

Very nice Flora ! You are like me I often put things down unfinished and pick them up again some time later-not enough hours in the day for us crafters!Blessings.Maisie.

Flora said...

That's true Maisie! I wish to complete all my unfinished projects soon. There are many, and all are big projects. I wish I had more time for embroidery. Thanks for commenting on my blog.

Kawaii Shop Modes4u.com