Saturday, December 20, 2008

My latest needlework projects

It has been a long time since my last post. I have been busy doing some interesting projects. I embroidered a bunch of flowers on a pillow cover.



I satin stitched the petals of the daisies (pink and white) and I used chain stitch to fill in the petals of the big flower and its bud (can't guess the name of the flower). The flower centers are done in yellow french knots. For stems it is stem stitch. For the big leaves I used three different stitches: satin, Roumanian couching, and long and short. The tiny leaves are done with lazy daisy stitch.
Some of the closeup shots of my work:







Next, I embroidered a neck design. I used mirrors and zardosi threads (golden metal wires).


Now am embroidering a saree using stones and sequins. Here is one of the embroidered flowers.


No comments: